Новинки

Добро пожаловать, Гость
Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня

ТЕМА: www.officialcapitals.com

www.officialcapitals.com 4 мес. 1 нед. назад #184

• hongwei28
  • hongwei28 аватар
  • Новый участник
Anthony Walker plays in the NFL. He spent the last month in the NBA.

The Indianapolis Colts linebacker started his offseason by spending four weeks as an intern with the Miami Heat Philipp Grubauer Jersey , getting a crash course on how the basketball team from his hometown handles things from a business operations standpoint. The Heat exposed Walker to plenty, including how game nights work and the execution of off-site events.

”For me, it’s about trying to get the other side of sports,” Walker said . ”Football’s going to end for me at some point. I want to be able to use the networks I have now to help me in the future for when I do need to find something else to do with my life. And you never know when that’s going to come.”

The internship ended Friday. Walker is planning to be back in Indianapolis, ready to resume full-time football life in a few days.

He hopes football doesn’t end anytime soon. Walker just completed his rookie season with the Colts, appearing in 10 games – two starts – and making 22 tackles.

But Walker, 22, is also thinking about his future. That’s why he asked Heat assistant coach Chris Quinn for a favor.

Quinn was briefly an assistant coach at Northwestern T.J. Oshie Jersey , where Walker – who studied business management with a focus on sports, as well as marketing – played his college football. Quinn knew of Walker’s reputation from their simultaneous time with the Wildcats, and didn’t hesitate when asked to help broker something for him to do with the Heat.

”I knew he was a high-quality kid,” Quinn said. ”Anyone in his position, a current NFL player, to reach out and request an opportunity, that means he’s very driven and about the right kind of stuff. So I had no problem trying to help him in any way I could.”

Quinn passed Walker’s name up the Heat chain, and the internship deal was struck. Walker knows the experience will help him in his next career Authentic Blake Wheeler Jersey , but also sees ways it will make him better as a player.

”You see all the aspects of the game and all the outside stuff that we don’t get to see as athletes,” Walker said. ”We think we do our job and everything else just falls in place. But there’s a lot that goes into those other jobs, marketing, the equipment guys, all that stuff. You can’t take any of that for granted.”

In the end, both Walker and the Heat considered his time there a success.

”He did a really good job,” Quinn said. ”He took everything really seriously, which is awesome.”

The Latest on a suspected drunken-driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and another man (all times local):

5 p.m.

A man being held in a suspected drunken-driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson and his Uber driver had a blood-alcohol level nearly three times Indiana’s legal limit immediately after Sunday’s deadly crash.

A probable cause affidavit filed Sunday in Marion Superior Court under the first name Manuel Orrego-Savala gave police states that a breath test administered at the scene found the 37-year-old man’s blood-alcohol content was 0.239 percent. Indiana’s legal limit is 0.08 percent.

Two vials of blood were later drawn from Orrego-Savala for testing. He remains jailed and prosecutors are weighing potential criminal charges against him in the crash that killed the 26-year-old Jackson and Jeffrey Monroe of Avon Bryan Little Jersey , Indiana.

State Police say Orrego-Savala is a citizen of Guatemala who’s been deported twice from the U.S.

2:25 p.m.

An Indiana congressman says ”all Americans” should be angry that a suspected drunken-driving crash which killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was allegedly caused by a man police say has been twice deported from the U.S.

Republican Rep. Todd Rokita tweeted Monday about Sunday’s crash that killed the 26-year-old Jackson and his Uber driver, Jeffrey Monroe of Avon, Indiana, saying ”this news should make all Americans angry.”

Monroe was transporting Jackson for the ride-hailing company when police say he stopped along Interstate 70 after Jackson became ill.

Both men were standing outside Monroe’s car when police say a pickup truck driven by 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala struck and killed them.

Police say he’s a citizen of Guatemala who was deported in 2007 and 2009. He has not been charged in the crash.

11:23 a.m.

Police say a man being held in a suspected drunken driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson has twice been deported from the U.S.

Indiana State Police said Monday that 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala is a citizen of Guatemala and gave officers a fake name following the Sunday accident.

Investigators say he’s in U.S. illegally and was deported in 2007 and 2009. He remained in the Marion County Jail on Monday.

Police say the 26-year-old Jackson and 54-year-old Jeffrey Monroe were standing outside their car along Interstate 70 in Indianapolis when they were hit and killed by a pickup truck being driven by Orrego-Savala.

Police say they believe Orrego-Savala was intoxicated and driving without a license. Police say they’re working with prosecutors on potential criminal charges.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи гостям.
Время создания страницы: 0.062 секунд
Go to top