Новинки

Добро пожаловать, Гость
Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня

ТЕМА: record than the Atlanta Braves.

record than the Atlanta Braves. 6 мес. 3 нед. назад #145

• elaine95
  • elaine95 аватар
  • Захожу иногда
NEW YORK (AP) — As he crouched in the on-deck circle Authentic Alex Smith Jersey , David Wright felt more nervous than he had in his entire career.After all that rehab work, all those months and years spent waiting for this moment, the New York Mets‘ captain finally made it back into a major league game Friday night.“It was my first time on a baseball field that I can remember that I felt like I was going to throw up,” Wright said. “My heart felt like it was beating through my chest.”He didn’t waste any time taking a hack, though.Wright swung at the only pitch he saw, grounding out in his first plate appearance for the Mets in nearly 2½ years as New York lost 8-1 to the Miami Marlins.“It really was amazing,” he said. “I really felt butterflies that I’ve never felt before.”Sidelined by neck, back and shoulder injuries since May 27, 2016, the 35-year-old Wright pinch-hit leading off the fifth inning and received a warm ovation from the Citi Field crowd. After a long and arduous comeback, his return to the diamond was over in a flash.With fans on their feet, his wife and young daughters in attendance and supportive teammates draped over the dugout railing, Wright immediately took a rip at a 96 mph fastball from Jose Urena.The seven-time All-Star hit a bouncer to the left of third baseman Brian Anderson, who made a nifty pickup of a short hop and threw across the diamond to retire Wright. He gave a quick wave to the crowd and touched the bill of his helmet before returning to the dugout, where he high-fived and hugged teammates with a huge smile on his face.“I wish I could have gotten a hit, but putting 96 (mph) in play isn’t so bad Alex Smith Jersey Elite , either. So just the reaction from the crowd, I’ll remember that forever,” Wright said. “You make the out and you’re kind of like, man, if that pitch was just a little higher I think I could have done something with it. But that’s probably the only time in my career that making an out put a smile on my face.”Wright is scheduled to start at third base Saturday night and get a couple of at-bats against the last-place Marlins in his goodbye game before a sellout crowd. Unable to overcome all the injuries, he said he expects this weekend to mark his final appearance in the big leagues.“It’s going to feel like the playoffs, so it’ll be neat for David,” Mets manager Mickey Callaway said. “It’ll be kind of cool for our younger players that have probably never seen an electric atmosphere like they’re going to see tomorrow because it’s going to be wild and David deserves it, the fans deserve it, and it’s going to be fun to watch.”Wright was on deck when the last out was made in the fourth, causing the crowd to boo loudly when the inning ended. He clutched his bat and paced the dugout for most of the next half-inning before bounding onto the field even before the Marlins took their positions with a 3-1 lead in the fifth.“He looked like he was making his major league debut,” Callaway said. “That was a really cool moment.”Once one of the top players in baseball, Wright was reinstated from the disabled list Tuesday but didn’t play in New York’s three-game series against NL East champion Atlanta this week.“It’s going to be a sleepless night, I know that,” he said. “I’m just trying to enjoy it, but tomorrow is going to be surreal for me.“Just to be able to get in the flow of the game a little bit and to really be able to soak it in and enjoy the moment I think is my goal http://www.washingtonredskinsteamonline.com/alex-smith-jersey ,” Wright added. “A hit wouldn’t hurt but expectations are low so I’ll be smiling tomorrow, hits or outs.”Wright made his major league debut for the Mets in 2004, three years after they drafted him 38th overall. He is the longest-tenured active player to spend his entire career with one team.He is the franchise leader in hits, RBIs, runs, doubles, total bases, extra-base hits and walks. His 242 home runs trail only Darryl Strawberry (252) on the Mets’ career list. Wright also hit the first World Series home run at Citi Field and had four RBIs in a Game 3 victory against Kansas City in 2015.Wright homered in each of his last three games in 2016 before needing season-ending neck surgery, one of several medical procedures he’s undergone since then.“He looked like himself, really, the stance and the whole thing,” Miami manager Don Mattingly said. “Really happy for him from the standpoint of working his way back. Takes a lot, tells you a lot about his character.”Urena (9-12) won his sixth straight decision, holding the Mets to one run over six innings.Peter O’Brien and Lewis Brinson each doubled home a run in the fifth against reliever Paul Sewald (0-7).JUST LIKE OLD TIMESWright is looking forward to taking the field Saturday with longtime teammate and friend Jose Reyes alongside him at shortstop. “I think he’s hitting leadoff and I’m hitting third. It’s like Old-Timers’ day around here, so it’ll be nice,” Wright said. “It’s going to bring back obviously a lot of memories. We’ve been reminiscing for the last couple of weeks.”CAPTAIN IN THE CAGEThe Citi Field gates will open at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday so fans can watch Wright and the Mets take batting practice.A GIFT FOR YOUJust as the game was about to start Authentic Matt Ioannidis Jersey , Wright said he was getting ready in the weight room when Mets ace Jacob deGrom presented him with a huge bottle of wine on behalf of the starting pitchers. “They engraved it with all this cool stuff,” Wright said.FREE PASSMets outfielder Brandon Nimmo has drawn 10 walks in his last five games. He has walked 29 times in September, breaking the club record for any month previously held by Keith Hernandez (28 walks in July 1984).TRAINER’S ROOMMets: OF Juan Lagares (torn left big toe plantar plate) is expected to be at full strength for the start of spring training. … Right-handers Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo have been shut down for the rest of the season. “We feel that this is taking care of them heading into the offseason so they can come back and be even better next year,” Callaway said.UP NEXTMarlins: RHP Trevor Richards (4-9, 4.66 ERA) looks to build upon his best start in the majors. The rookie blanked Cincinnati for seven innings on Sunday, striking out nine.Mets: LHP Steven Matz (5-11, 4.14 ERA) will be making his career-high 30th start of the season. Dilip Vishwanat/Getty ImagesA murky MLB National League playoff picture gained some measure of clarity on Wednesday as the Chicago Cubs and Milwaukee Brewers clinched postseason berths.The Atlanta Braves have already sewn up the NL East, so two playoff spots remain.The NL West winner (either the Los Angeles Dodgers or Colorado Rockies) will take one, while the St. Louis Cardinals or the NL West runner-up will grab the other.Here's a look at the latest NL standings and playoff picture, with a deeper look at the best-case scenarios for the six teams still alive.All tiebreakerand standings information was obtained via MLB.com. Baseball-Reference is the source for all season-series figures. National League Wild-Card StandingsMilwaukee Brewers: 92-67Los Angeles Dodgers: 88-71St. Louis Cardinals: 87-72 National League EastStandingsAtlanta Braves: 89-69Washington Nationals: 81-78Philadelphia Phillies: 78-80New York Mets: 74-84Miami Marlins: 62-96National League CentralStandingsChicago Cubs: 92-66Milwaukee Brewers: 92-67St. Louis Cardinals: 87-72Pittsburgh Pirates: 80-77Cincinnati Reds: 66-93 National League WestStandingsColorado Rockies: 88-70Los Angeles Dodgers: 88-71Arizona Diamondbacks: 81-78San Francisco Giants: 73-86San Diego Padres: 64-95Best Case-ScenariosChicago Cubs (92-66): No. 1 SeedThe Chicago Cubs have the simplest path to the No. 1 seed: If they win out, they get it. The Cubs have one fewer loss than the next-best team (the Milwaukee Brewers) and control their own destiny.Other scenarios exist, however, including going 2-2 (which would bump the Braves out of the No. 1 seed conversation) and simultaneously finishing ahead of Milwaukee in the standings鈥攖he Brewers would need to go no better than 1-2 in that scenario.Chicago hosts the Pittsburgh Pirates once and St. Louis three times before the playoffs begin. The highlight of that four-game stretch is a potential pitcher's duel between the Cubs' Cole Hamels and the St. Louis Cardinals' Miles Mikolas on Saturday.Milwaukee Brewers (92-67): No. 1 SeedIf the Brewers finish with a better record than the Cubs, then they will be the No. 1 seed and have home-field advantage throughout the NL playoffs. Milwaukee has the season-series tiebreaker over the Braves, so one more win guarantees the Brewers placement over them in the NL bracket if they win the division.Of note, if the Cubs and Brewers tie for the division crown Matt Ioannidis Jersey Elite , Chicago would host a one-game playoff at Wrigley Field Monday to determine the champion (and more-than-likely No. 1 seed). The Cubs would get that reward by virtue of their11-8season-series edge over Milwaukee.Milwaukee has the easiest road left out of any NL team, as it faces the 64-94 Detroit Tigers at home to close the year. The Brewers, who have won four straight, are 48-30 in Miller Park this year, while Detroit is 26-51 away from Comerica Park.Atlanta Braves (89-69): No. 1 SeedThe Atlanta Braves can still finish with the No. 1 seed, but it won't be easy.The simplest scenario is if the Braves win out and the Cubs and Brewers lose out, giving Atlanta a 93-69 record alone atop the NL.A more complicated scenario involves the Cubs winning the NL Central and simultaneously finishing with the NL's best record alongside the Braves (at 92-70 or 93-69). In that case, Atlanta gets the edge thanks to the second tiebreaker (intra-division record).The teams split their season series, so the first tiebreaker would not work here. Atlanta already has that edge (48-24 vs. the Cubs' 38-34).Atlanta has a road tilt with the New York Mets before three more away games vs. the Philadelphia Phillies. The Braves' toughest test may be Friday when Phils ace and Cy Young candidate Aaron Nola takes the hill. Colorado Rockies (88-70): No. 1 SeedThe Colorado Rockies, who have won six straight, now control their own destiny for the NL West crown. If they win out, the Brewers and Cubs lose out and Atlanta loses at least one game, then the Rockies would be the No. 1 seed only if Chicago beats Milwaukee in the one-game NL Central division playoff.The Rockies have a 5-2 season-series edge over Atlanta in a tiebreaker scenario.Colorado has the tiebreaker over Chicago (the two tied the season series at three, but the Rockies would have the better intradivision record in this case). But Milwaukee beat the Rockies five times in seven tries, so the Brew Crew would stay ahead of them.The Rockies finish their season with a home game against the Phillies and a three-game set versus the Washington Nationals. They avoid Nola, but it's unclear whether they would face Nats ace Max Scherzer on the other side. Scherzer could hypothetically pitch Sunday against the Rockies on regular rest http://www.washingtonredskinsteamonline.com/matthew-ioannidis-jersey , but no starter has been announced. Los Angeles Dodgers (88-71): No. 2 SeedWith their loss to old friend Zach Greinke and the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday, the Los Angeles Dodgers mathematically fell out of the No. 1 seed running. They can still get the No. 2 seed if they (a) win the National League West and (b) finish with the same (or better) record than the Atlanta Braves.L.A. beat Atlanta 5-2 in the season series, giving the Dodgers the tiebreaker there.The Dodgers don't have an easy road, however, as they travel to San Francisco and face the rival Giants to close the season. L.A. will have ace Clayton Kershaw on the bump Saturday, but the Giants have No. 1 starter Madison Bumgarner going Friday. St. Louis Cardinals (87-72): Second Wild CardThe St. Louis Cardinals, who are in the midst of a 3-7 slide, do not control their own destiny as they sit one game behind the Los Angeles Dodgers for the final wild-card spot.If the Redbirds pass the Dodgers (or Rockies) in the standings, they will head to Chicago or Milwaukee for the NL Wild Card Game.If the Cards tie either L.A. or Colorado, they will host a one-game playoff against the NL West runner-up, with the winner heading to the NL Wild Card Game as the road team versus the NL Central's second-place finisher. St. Louis would have the home edge thanks to season-series wins vs. both NL West teams.St. Louis finishes its season with a three-game road series against the Cubs. Adam Wainwright, Miles Mikolas and Jack Flaherty will go against Kyle Hendricks, Cole Hamels and Mike Montgomery, respectively.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи гостям.
Время создания страницы: 0.068 секунд

Недавно смотрели

Go to top