Новинки

Добро пожаловать, Гость
Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня

ТЕМА: last week. Jon Lester

last week. Jon Lester 7 мес. 1 нед. назад #163

• elaine95
  • elaine95 аватар
  • Захожу иногда
HOUSTON (AP) — Andrew Benintendi charged in hard and left his feet.Make the catch Ferguson Jenkins Jersey , Boston wins.If not … no telling.On this night, though, even a ball the Red Sox didn’t grab went their way.Benintendi made a diving play in left field with the bases loaded for the final out, and Boston held off the Houston Astros 8-6 Wednesday to take a 3-1 lead in the AL Championship Series.“I thought I could catch it and timed it up well,” Benintendi said. “At that point, it was either do or die.”Boosted by a questionable fan interference call and another home run from Jackie Bradley Jr. in a gripping, back-and-forth game, the Red Sox moved within one victory of their first World Series trip since winning the 2013 title.Craig Kimbrel earned a shaky six-out save, helped by a rocket throw from right fielder Mookie Betts and Benintendi’s daring grab of Alex Bregman’s sinking liner. Had the ball scooted past Benintendi, it easily could have scored three runs and won the game for Houston.“Beni took a shot. Had a great jump. And he got it,” Boston manager Alex Cora said.With that, the Red Sox improved to 4-0 on the road in these playoffs and inched closer to eliminating the defending World Series champions.“This game was incredibly good on both sides — great at-bats, great plays,” Astros manager AJ Hinch said. “The difference in that game literally was a couple inches.”Game 5 is Thursday night in Houston, where ace Justin Verlander will pitch for the Astros with their season on the line. David Price http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-jason-grilli-jersey , who was warming up in the bullpen late in Game 4, will start for Boston on three days’ rest after Chris Sale was ruled out Wednesday while recovering from a stomach illness.Bradley hit a go-ahead homer in the sixth inning, his latest huge swing for a Red Sox team that got knocked out of last year’s playoffs by Houston in the Division Series.Boston has won three straight after a Game 1 loss, and this one came with some controversy.Astros star Jose Altuve was denied a potential two-run homer in the first inning and called out after fans reaching for the ball interfered with Betts’ attempt at a leaping catch.“Jose pays the biggest price, because the trajectory of the ball looked like it was going to leave the ballpark,” Hinch said. “Changed that whole inning.”Boston trailed by one with two outs in the sixth when Christian Vazquez doubled to deep right-center. Center fielder George Springer nearly made a jumping grab, but the ball glanced off his glove.Bradley, who hit a grand slam in Game 3 and a three-run double in Game 2, put the Red Sox on top 6-5 with his soaring shot to right field on the next pitch from rookie Josh James.“I’m very proud of him, what he’s done in the second part of the season and what he’s done tonight and in this series. It’s amazing,” Cora said about Bradley.Boston got some insurance in the seventh when Lance McCullers walked in a run after taking over for Ryan Pressly with the bases loaded and two outs. J.D. Martinez added an RBI single in the eighth.Houston cut the margin to two on an RBI groundout by Altuve in the eighth. Right fielder Josh Reddick made a diving catch of Betts’ liner with the bases loaded to end the top of the ninth.Red Sox starter Rick Porcello allowed seven hits and four runs over four innings in a wild game that took 4 hours, 33 minutes. Joe Kelly was the winner after giving up a run in the fifth.Rafael Devers and Xander Bogaerts had two RBIs apiece for the Red Sox, who have outscored their opponents 36-12 on the road this postseason.Houston’s Carlos Correa, who has struggled with back problems for months, had three hits and two RBIs for his first multihit game this postseason. Springer and Tony Kemp each hit a solo homer for the Astros Ryan Rua Jersey , who left 13 runners on base.A rusty Charlie Morton gave up three hits, three runs and two walks in just 2 1/3 innings. He also threw two wild pitches in his first outing for the Astros since the regular-season finale on Sept. 30.James took over and yielded three runs while striking out five in 3 2/3 innings during his second postseason appearance.Devers’ two-run single gave the Red Sox two runs in the first inning for the third straight game.The disputed call came in the bottom of the inning when umpires ruled a fan interfered with Betts as he tried to snag Altuve’s drive above the right-field wall.“I’m 100 percent positive I was going to be able to catch that one,” Betts said. “I jumped and went over, reached my hand up, I felt like somebody was kind of pushing my glove out of the way or something.”Crew chief Joe West, working the right-field line, signaled fan interference after the ball ricocheted back onto the field.“The spectator reached out of the stands and hit him over the playing field and closed his glove,” West said. “That’s why I called spectator interference.”The call stood after a replay review that lasted 3 minutes, 13 seconds.“The replay official said I was right,” West explained. “That’s all. He said I have nothing that can change it.”Altuve was ruled out and Springer was sent back to first base.Cora, for one, wasn’t surprised.“Joe calls it right away and I saw the replay,” he said. “And I said, no way they’re going to overturn this. I was pretty sure.”Altuve was disappointed with the call but not mad at the fan.“I don’t have anything against him,” he said. “He’s another Astros fan rooting for us. Appreciate he was trying to help me.”Kemp gave Houston its first lead at 4-3 in the fourth when he knocked a slider from Porcello over the wall in the right-field corner.Benintendi’s second double came in the fifth and he scored on a two-out single by Bogaerts to tie it at 4.Correa’s run-scoring single made it 5-4 in the bottom of the inning.SMALL FRATERNITYBradley joined Nomar Garciaparra (1998) as the only Red Sox players to have at least three RBIs in three straight postseason games.FLIPPING OUTRed Sox first baseman Steve Pearce flipped head over heels into the Astros dugout chasing a foul ball hit by Reddick in the seventh. Pearce’s legs crashed into a bench but he didn’t hit his head. Several Astros then aided Pearce Drew Robinson Jersey , with Verlander grabbing him by the hand and helping him up after the spill.UP NEXTVerlander is 6-1 with a 2.44 ERA in eight postseason appearances for the Astros. He allowed two hits and two runs over six innings for the win in Houston’s 7-2 victory in Game 1 at Fenway Park. A look at what’s happening around the majors today:CHASING HISTORYKendrys Morales has homered in seven straight games for Toronto, one short of the major league record. He can match Dale Long, Don Mattingly and Ken Griffey Jr. when the Blue Jays face rookie David Hess (2-8, 5.50) and the Orioles in Baltimore. “It’d be something if he gets (the record). I don’t think any of us can comprehend how hard it is to do,” Toronto manager John Gibbons said. Morales has already connected off Hess during the streak, and the Cuban slugger said the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York, has requested one of his bats. “It’s amazing what I’ve been doing,” he added. One of seven players in big league history with a streak this long, Morales has six home runs in 116 career at-bats at Camden Yards. He has 21 homers this season and is batting .500 (17 for 34) with eight home runs and 15 RBIs during a 10-game hitting streak.WILD WESTOakland plays at Houston in the opener of a three-game series between the top two teams in the AL West. Gerrit Cole (11-5, 2.73 ERA) pitches for the World Series champion Astros, who have won five straight and lead the division by 1½ games. Cole is 2-0 with a 2.92 ERA in four starts against the A’s this season. Athletics lefty Brett Anderson (3-3, 3.47) is 3-1 with a 2.11 ERA in eight starts since coming off the disabled list, and opponents are batting just .218 since his return. Houston expects to have All-Star outfielder George Springer (quadriceps) back in the lineup.MURPHY’S LAWThree years ago, Daniel Murphy powered the Mets into the World Series by going 9 for 17 (.529) with four home runs to win NLCS MVP honors in a four-game sweep of the Cubs. Now http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-alex-claudio-jersey , he’ll face his former team for the first time as a member of the Cubs when they host Noah Syndergaard (9-3, 3.68 ERA) and the Mets at Wrigley Field. Murphy has tormented New York since leaving town as a free agent, batting .390 with 11 homers, 43 RBIs and a whopping 1.162 OPS in 44 games against the Mets for the Washington Nationals, who traded him to Chicago last week. Jon Lester (14-5, 3.64) starts for the Cubs.EYE ON THE PRIZESuddenly back within striking distance of first-place Boston in the AL East, the banged-up Yankees send Masahiro Tanaka (9-4) to the mound at home against the White Sox. Carlos Rodon (5-3) starts for Chicago, which has won nine of 12.SECOND CHANCEStephen Strasburg (6-7, 4.23 ERA) pitches for the Nationals in Philadelphia against Zach Eflin (9-4, 3.93) and the Phillies. Strasburg came off the disabled list last week after missing more than a month with a neck problem and gave up five runs in four innings vs. Philadelphia. His velocity dipped in his last inning.GRAY’S DAYSRockies right-hander Jon Gray faces Mike Trout and the Angels with his club a game back of Arizona for the NL West lead. Gray hasn’t lost a start since June 12, a span of 10 outings. He’s allowed four earned runs or fewer in his past seven starts — no small feat, with four of those games at Coors Field — and Colorado has won each of his past nine outings. The Angels have dropped six straight, including a three-game sweep by Houston over the weekend.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи гостям.
Время создания страницы: 0.065 секунд

Недавно смотрели

Go to top